Hello everyone! I created this tag earlier on but did not have the time yet to write a blog post and edit the video, but here they are! In the meantime I did submit it to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and it was in the spotlight! How amazing is that!
Here you can view the whole process of making the tag:
I colored the dragonflies from Crafter’s Companion with the same Distress Inks used for the background. I mounted them on top of the tag with foam squares for dimension. The dragonflies seem to be hard to get, but here is an alternative.
Hi Everyone! In a previous post I showed an art journal page created with a stamp from Santoro Gorjuss called ‘Bee-Loved‘. I always try to get the most out of my stamps and I thought it would be fun to transform the bee girl in a ladybug girl!
I have also created a video in which you can see how I created this art journal page.
The background I created about a week ago when I was playing with my gel plate. For this I applied green and black acrylic paint with a brayer on the gel plate, and transferred it to the cardstock. To add some more interest, I also used a stencil ‘ Burlap’ from a Dutch brand called Dutch Doobadoo. To make the background work with the Ladybug girl, I stamped some images from the ‘Bee-Loved’ set with Archival Ink.
I adhered the girl with tacky glue to the page and the sentiment with gel medium. I choose gel medium for the sentiment to not only glue it down, but seal it as well. This also allowed me to easily apply a black Distress Crayon around it and smooth it out to make it blend in.
And that finishes the page, I hope you liked it and it gave you some inspiration!
Hello everyone! I thought it was time for another art journal page.
First I prepared craft cardstock with gesso and after it dried I applied green acrylic paint with a brayer. To add more interest, I grabbed my Time Warp stencil and blended black soot and vintage photo Distress Ink over it. To give the page a bit more texture, I mixed black acrylic paint with modeling paste and applied it through a stencil.
For the gears, I first blended the Distress Crayons Ground Espresso and Black Soot over heavy weight cardstock. In order to give it a metalic look, I dabbed Distress Spray Antiqued Bronze on my finger and gently rubbed it over the cardstock. After everything dried, I die cut all the gears out of the metalic cardstock and 2 times out of black cardstock. I wanted to give the gears more dimension, and that is why I stacked them on black cardstock. It really made them stand out more from the background of the page.
After adhering all the gears to the background with foam tape, it was time to add the sentiment. For this I printed out a sentiment I liked, grabbed black dotted packaging, glued that on the background with gel medium, and then the sentiment. To give it a more distressed look, I went over it with the Distress Crayon Ground Espresso.
And that finishes the page! Half way through making the art journal page I did feel a bit lost, but I’m happy with how it turned out in the end.