Hi everyone! I’ve always wanted to create a mermaid cave scene and now was the perfect opportunity while guest designing for Streamside Studios. It was a challenge creating a scene like this for the first time, but I’m so happy with the result! I love how the mermaid from Mermazing Day pops of the card.
First I created the scene on my iPad with Procreate. After I was happy with the layout, I printed it out on Perfect Colouring paper. If you would like to know how I resize digital stamps and create scenes, you can watch this video on my YouTube channel. After printing, I colored the image with my Copic markers.
- Cave: C9, BV29, B97, BG07, BG45, YG01
- Rocks: BG93, N7, N5, N3, N1, N0
- Mermaid hair: E29, YR27, YR15 Y21
- Mermaid tail: BG57, BG53, BG11, BG0000, YG01, Y000
- Mermaid skin: E04, E13, E11, E00, R32
- Seaweed: G28, YG67, YG13, YG01
- Sand: E37, E35, E31, E30, BG0000
- Sea: BG0000, B000, B00, BG02
- Seashells: YR27, YR18, YR15, Y21
Once the scene was all colored up, I die cut it with a rectangle die and added a some highlights with a white gel pen. The edges of the white cardbase I ink blended with Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers and Uncharted Mariner to frame the scene nicely.
I hope you like this card, and it gave you inspiration. Thank you for stopping by and see you next time!