Hi everyone! It can be fun to change things up and for instance use a different card size than the standard A2. We’ve had a period in which the slimline and mini slimline were very popular. Do you think we’ll have that for square cards as well? Last year, Hello Bluebird released a square Gallery Frame die, which I like a lot due to its versatility. I have used it before in this soft card featuring Bloom and Grow, and for the card of today, I wanted to use it in a different way.
For this card design, I’m only going to use the outside frame of the Gallery Frame die, in which I’m going to create my scene. I first stamped the images from Tree Neighbors and Word Buddies Woodland with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Perfect Colouring paper and colored it with my Copic markers. After coloring, I die cut everything with the coordinating dies.
- Bunny: E43, E42, E41, E50
- Foxes: E59, E37, YR27, YR24, YR21, E43, E42, E41
- Owl and squirrel: E18, E15, E13, E43, E42, E41, E50
- Blush and ears: R22, R20, R30
- Birds and flowers: B95, B93, B00, B000
The tree I die cut from Woodgrain and Ground Coffee cardstock from Lawn Fawn. On the woodgrain cardstock I did some ink blending with Distress Oxide Vintage Photo and Black Soot to give it some dimension.
The grass I die cut with the Grassy Hills die from MFT from Sour Apple cardstock, which is my new favorite green! To give it some dimension, I ink blended the edges slightly with Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn. For the leaves of the tree, I decided to give them dimension with YG63 and YG61 instead of ink blending, as the surfaces are so small.
The rest of the background I wanted to keep quite simple, so I used the Cloud stencil from MFT with Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass to create a cloudy sky. On top of that, I stamped the sentiment from Bloom and Grow with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.
To get some variation in height, I adhered the critters and leaves with either foam squares or liquid glue. As a finishing touch, I added a few details with a white gel pen.
I hope you like this card and it gave you inspiration. Thank you for stopping by and see you next time!
- Hello Bluebird – Tree Neighbors
- Hello Bluebird – Tree Neighbors die
- Hello Bluebird – Word Buddies Woodland
- Hello Bluebird – Word Buddies Woodland die
- Hello Bluebird – Bloom and Grow
- Hello Bluebird – High-Rise Tree Scene
- Hello Bluebird – Gallery Frame #7
- Distress Oxide – Tumbled Glass, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Mowed Lawn
- Lawn Fawn carstock – Woodgrain Light Brown, Ground Coffee
- My Favorite Things – Sour Apple cardstock
- My Favorite Things – Cloud stencil
- Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Thin Foam Squares White Mix