Hi everyone! Do you ever buy stamps and then you don’t know what to do with them? This is something I hear more often, and that is why I decided to start a card designs series featuring florals. In this series I’m featuring the Blooming Branch stamp from Pinkfresh Studio, but you can apply the designs to floral stamps you may have in your stash.
The colors in this cardstock strips design are inspired by the December challenge of Pinkfresh Studio. The card design itself is a combined inspiration of two separate cards. One is by Debby, and the other by Carissa. They both make gorgeous cards so I encourage you to check them out!
Recently I received pearlescent vellum and was very excited to see the embossed look of the Blooming Branch on top of it. It truly looks stunning in real life, but the beauty is unfortunately quit hard to catch on camera. However, in the video on YouTube I tilt it in the light, and you can see the gorgeous pearlescent look.
For a matching sentiment, I foiled the Perfect Sentiments with gold foil. I adhered it in such a way, it also keeps down the vellum Blooming Branch. This way I did not have to add any liquid glue behind the vellum which might show through.
As mentioned earlier, the colors I chose for the cardstock strips are inspired by the Pinkfresh Studio challenge:
- Lawn Fawn: Ballet Slippers, Sunflower, Mermaid, Peacock
- MFT: Fire Coral
As a final embellishment on the card, I added crystals from the Crystals Collection – Glass by Little Things from Lucy’s Card. This is one of my favorite embellishment sets from her!
I hope you like this card, and it gave you inspiration. Thank you for stopping by and see you next time!
- Pinkfresh Studio: Blooming Branch
- Pinkfresh Studio: Blooming Branch Coordinating Die
- Pinkfresh Studio: Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Plate
- Pinkfresh Studio: Perfect Sentiments Coordinating Die
- Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum
- Lawn Fawn Cardstock: Ballet Slippers, Sunflower, Mermaid, Peacock
- MFT Cardstock: Fire Coral
- Gemini Jr
- Gemini Foilpress
- Little Things from Lucy’s Cards: Crystals Collection – Glass