Hi everyone! I’m very excited to be guest designing for Mama Elephant with their 9 year anniversary celebration! For my second card I wanted to put the new Inside Holiday Messages stamp set in the spotlight! As you can see, you can also easily use this on the card itself, and not just on the inside! I have also created another design with this stamp set, so stay tuned for that!
As one of the sentiments in the Inside Holiday Messages set talkes about ‘your home’, I thought it would be fitting to use the Scene Builder stamp set at the bottom of the card. Above it I wanted to create a starry sky with a sentiment strip on top.
To create the background, I ink blended Distress Oxide Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, and Black Soot. To add the ‘stars’, I splattered Gansai Tambi Starry Colors on the background, plus white splatters created with gouache. The sentiment is from the new Inside Holiday Messages stamp set, which I heat embossed on black cardstock. To make it stand out, I popped up the sentiment strip with foam tape.
I hope you like this card, and it gave you inspiration! Thank you for stopping by and see you next time!
- Mama Elephant – Inside Holiday Messages
- Mama Elephant – Scene Builder
- Distress Oxide – Black Soot
- Distress Oxide – Picked Raspberry
- Distress Oxide – Seedless Preserves
- Distress Oxide – Spun Sugar
- Gansai Tambi – Starry Colors
- Winsor and Newton Designers Gouache Permanent White
- Copic Sketch Markers
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Perfect Colouring Paper
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- WOW! Embossing Powder – Opaque Bright White
- EK Powder Tool
- MFT A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 1 Die-namics